If you know how affiliate marketing works, you’ll know that to earn money from your referred sales, people need to click on the affiliate ID links in your site, blog, and emails. That puts a cookie on their computer, and any time they go back to the merchant’s site and buy, you will be credited with the sale and earn money.
Once your cookie is in place, the next thing you’ve got to do is to get your visitors to return to your merchant and buy their products. Lots and lots of them.
There’s only one way to do that: Create an internet marketing plan and implement it with skill and persistence. Here’s a step by step plan to starting your Affiliate Marketing Program and marketing it to keep those profits rolling in.
When you set up your affiliate marketing program:
1. know your unique affiliate id number
2. know how to insert your id number into any of the links you get from your merchant
3. get to know how the affiliate scheme works in detail
4. become an expert on your merchants’ products
5. bookmark the affiliate site so you can regularly log in and check how you’re doing
7. get a Paypal account so you can be paid commission
8. test the affiliate scheme by purchasing something at next-to-nothing cost
9. find out what banners, ads and text links you can use
10. take time to plan your marketing strategy
11. write out your Internet marketing plan covering the five main kinds of Internet marketing: email marketing; article marketing; social marketing; viral marketing; and advertising marketing.
I’ll be writing more about how to manage and market your Affiliate Marketing program day-to-day in the weeks ahead. Stay tuned!